“The UK Polyamory Association exists to support the needs of polyamorous people and communities across the UK. We aim to increase public awareness and acceptance of polyamory, and challenge stigma through advocacy, positive representation, and education.”
WHAT WE DO
- We advocate on behalf of polyamorous people in the UK, speak with the media, and aim to represent polyamory in the eye of the public and institutions to promote positive change.
- We seek ongoing engagement across the community. We collect feedback, opinions, voices, and constructive criticism through surveys, focus groups, engagement activities, talks, workshops, and by being active members of the community ourselves etc.
- We promote an approach to polyamory that reflects consent, inclusion, equality, and diversity practices. We develop educational material around these issues for use by individuals and the broader community.
- We organise events, run stalls at various fairs, create accessible information and give talks about polyamory to raise awareness on the subject and dispel common misconceptions.
- We are producing a comprehensive list of resources about polyamory, i.e. a jargon buster, Polyamory 101, videos, testimonials, blog spots, Best Practice guidelines, directories of therapists and health professionals, definitions of different polyamory types etc.
- We provide assistance for local polyamory groups and support them in keeping their local communities safe. We encourage effective community building through best practice guidelines and promoting community-led projects.
- We are also working on establishing a network of local support and social groups around the UK to signpost people towards.
If you run a polyamory group or would like to start one, we can offer resources and support from others who have set up similar groups in their communities.